Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Links to Check Out:

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Charlie- One Year

The morning started out a little rough. The alarm went off way too early for my liking; I rushed around getting my kids ready for soccer; and finally I zipped off to the place Charlie's mom, Angela, and I had agreed to meet. When I got to Lake Accotink, which I had assured her would be lovely, there was no lake! I discovered that they had drained the lake to work on the dam; so instead, I stared in disbelief at what looked Desert Accotink. I thought of calling Angela; but when I reached into my camera bag, I realized I'd left my cell phone. The title of a favorite childhood book popped into my head. Do you remember "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"?!

But before I could start feeling sorry for myself, my day took a turn for the better when Charlie arrived with his parents. Thankfully, they found the humor in our lack of a lake situation, and we were able to make it work beautifully! Charlie was super good-natured, completely adorable, and dressed to the nines. As you can see from some of the pictures, Charlie is also due to be a big brother before the year is out!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


With 25 different comments within 5 days on this blog post, Charlie's mom and dad will get to choose a free 5x7...so start those comments coming!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen! The photos are wonderful, especially the last one where he's turning around saying "where's Grandma?"

Adam Harper said...

Looks like he is setting up to shoot a free throw with the orange balloon. Great looking family and an absolutely adorable little baby.

Anonymous said...

I love that close-up with the big bright blue eyes. What a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

I cannot even take how adorable these pictures are, what a beautiful family you have! Congratulations on the addition of his little brother or sister!

About Me

My photo
Mom of four, genuinely happy wife, photographer (though who's not these days), decorating wanna-be, coffee addict, laundry mountain climber, recipient of grace through faith.